Learn next to SSRS

• Hi

Ilike to learn BI completeley and willing to get Microsoft certification.But i don't know much about that. I know SSRS up to the mark. What is the next to SSRS to learn?. Please give me some useful links to learn that new thing.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please feel free to let me know if you are not clear or I’ve misunderstood anything.

Thanks,
    Arunkumar S P

• Hi Arun,

As u have already mastered SSRS, to be certified as a Microsoft BI developer u also need to know SSIS and SSAS. U can take 70-445 : Microsoft BI developer exam after mastering above skills. Articles on MSDN, Technet and Server server books online are good starting point to learn.

Happy learning.

Thanks

Kiran Mahamkali

• Thanks kiran

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please feel free to let me know if you are not clear or I’ve misunderstood anything.

Thanks,
    Arunkumar S P

• Which is the best book or site to learn SSAS?

Thanks,
    Arunkumar S P

• I've got the Microsoft books including SQL Server 2005 Analysis Services - Step By Step by Jacobson, Misner, and Hitachi Consulting which is very good but I would also recommend the Ralph Kimball books. But as you probably already know, like most anything, you can read all the books you want but you have to get in there and do it to truly get it.

• Thanks for your valuable reply Scott.

Thanks,
    Arunkumar S P

• How about this from Wrox.

http://www.wrox.com/WileyCDA/WroxTitle/Professional-Microsoft-SQL-Server-Analysis-Services-2008-with-MDX.productCd-0470247983.html

Arun, see if you can buy this in Chennai, else PM me I will check if I can send it thru' someone.

View Siva Gurusamy's profile on LinkedIn

"Software changes. This is a rather obvious statement, but it is a fact that must be ever present in the minds of developers and architects. Although we tend to think of software development as chiefly an engineering exercise, the analogy breaks down very quickly. When was the last time someone asked the designers of the Empire State building to add ten new floors at the bottom, put a pool on the top, and have all of this done before Monday morning? " : Doug Purdy, Microsoft Corporation

• Smart BI Solutions with SQL 2008 by Langit, et al is a good book to learn about SSRS, SSAS, SSIS and what it all means in real business situations.

• Thanks SIVA and DEAN. I need SSAS book for 2005. I need this to learn SSAS 2005 and then to get cerification in 70-445 Business Intelligence exam.

Please specify some book for SSAS 2005.

Thanks,
    Arunkumar S P

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply