Layout results

• I've question about the layout with the results of a query (dataset)

Image Query.png shows the query in the dataset

Image Results.png shows the results of the query

Image Wannahave.png shows how I like to have this

Explanation (this example):

Data from two databases are combined and give result (or NULL if not exists)

Because there are 3 results for Description, Status and Score (PURPLE), the results for Customer, Contract, Component_Value (BLUE) are repeated.

I'dd like the results where Component Value is summed, but only for the 4 original value's and not for all the component values because everything is tripled.

I've tried several things, but no luck.

Can I do this in the Report? Or do I have to change my Query?

• You should be able to do that in the report. Create a table group that groups on all columns except Component_Value (screenshot attached). The value in each cell except the cell for Component_Value is the column name, e.g. =Fields!Customer.Value. For the Component_Value cell use =Sum(Fields!Component_Value.Value). Then for the value cells of the first 3 table columns, set the HideDuplicates property to the scope of the table's dataset. You'll get the sum value of 22334.95 for your example, i.e. the total of the 4 base values. Finally, you'll probably want to delete the detail row from the table, or set its Hidden property to True.

HTH,

Nate

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply