Language conversion Japanese to English for MSSQL Server DB

• Hi All,

I have MSSQL Server Database  installed on windows in Japanese language. Also OS  ( windows  ) installed in Japanese language.

I am as English user not able to any administration on MSSQL Server Database.

So Can any one please let me know how I can change the MSSQL Server Database console language to English only for me, so I can do administration work and other Japanese user don`t have issue as they will work as before as Japanese console.

Is there any language pack need to installed on Database Level .

Please help me with this information.

Thanks,

Atul.

• Can any one please help me for language conversion issue .

• See SET LANGUAGE for setting the language SQL Server uses for the connection for system messages and month/day names:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/t-sql/statements/set-language-transact-sql?view=sql-server-ver15

Instructions for installing an English-language SSMS on a non-English OS are available here:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/ssms/install-other-languages?view=sql-server-ver15

SET LANGUAGE N'Español'
    EXEC dbo.ThisDoesNotExist
    GO
    /* output:
    Se cambió la configuración de idioma a Español.
    Msg 2812, Level 16, State 62, Line 6
    No se encontró el procedimiento almacenado 'dbo.ThisDoesNotExist'.
    */

SET LANGUAGE 'us_english'
    EXEC dbo.ThisDoesNotExist
    GO

/* output:
    Changed language setting to us_english.
    Msg 2812, Level 16, State 62, Line 9
    Could not find stored procedure 'dbo.ThisDoesNotExist'.\
    */

• This reply was modified 4 years, 4 months ago by  Eddie Wuerch. Reason: Original sample I posted was in Japanese, but the code editor barfs on Unicode :P

Eddie Wuerch
    MCM: SQL

• Hi Eddie Wuerch,

Thank you for Reply , I check the link you have provided.

Can you please let me know any documents with details steps for instilling the English SSMS language pack.

Also please provide the link to download the English SSMS language pack.

Thanks,

Atul

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply