Label Printing (Contacts) - Dynamics 365 Online

• Greetings!

I am using MS Dynamics 365 CRM online and I need to achieve label printing functionality to print name and address of contacts from my table in to MS Word using SSRS. This after proof reading will be printed on a pre-designed A4 size stationery that has 10 rows and 3 columns and can print up to 30 labels (name and address) per page.

Since I am using CRM online, I do not have access to SQL Server. instead I have used fetch-xml to populate my dataset with the necessary fields required on these labels.

Since I don't have SQL Server access, I wouldn't be able to pull out any tricks using SQL query such as Rank # or Serial # to achieve this.

I have posted the detailed requirement at SSRS Label Printing

I am able to get the desired output as a pdf when i follow instructions from Label Printing

However, I want the report to be generated as a word document and when I try to save this as a word document the record gets printed one below the other instead of maintaining 10x3 matrix.

Any pointers in achieving this without SQL Server access is appreciated.

Thank you

Shyam

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
  • Thanks for posting your issue and hopefully someone will answer soon.

This is an automated bump to increase visibility of your question.

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

• Hi Shyam,

I see you've been able to generate the desired PDF output using instructions from the Label Printing resource. To achieve the same in Word, consider these options:

Table Layout: Create a tabular layout in SSRS to simulate the 10x3 matrix. Use grouping and expressions to arrange data.

Custom Code: Explore VB.NET custom code in SSRS to manipulate the layout.

Export to Word: Generate the report as a PDF, then export it to Word for further adjustments.

Word Mail Merge: Consider Word's mail merge feature in conjunction with SSRS data.

Maintaining an exact 10x3 matrix in Word can be challenging due to varying content lengths. Balance precision and adaptability.

Hope this helps.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply