Join Query assitance

• Friends,

I've the following tables out of which have to get some rows based on the condition given below.

Utilization

--------------

Asso_ID

Prj_ID

Available_Bill_Hr

Month

Allocation

--------------

Asso_ID

Prj_ID

Ass_Name

Prj_Name

Type

AdditionalDetails

------------------------

Asso_ID

Prj_ID

TotalHr

I need to select Asso_ID, Prj_ID, Available_Bill_Hr, ( Available_Bill_Hr - TotalHr ) from the above tables satisfying the conditions (Utilization.Month = 11 && Allocation.Type = 'Contract').. I tried it some, but couldn't able to make it.

Please help.

• Hi Sunil

Please read the link at the bottom of my post, it will show you how to write table creation scripts and insert statements to provide forum users with sample data.

Cheers

ChrisM

“Write the query the simplest way. If through testing it becomes clear that the performance is inadequate, consider alternative query forms.” - Gail Shaw

For fast, accurate and documented assistance in answering your questions, please read this article.
    Understanding and using APPLY, (I) and (II) Paul White
    Hidden RBAR: Triangular Joins / The "Numbers" or "Tally" Table: What it is and how it replaces a loop Jeff Moden

• Also, rather than have one of use write the entire query for you, show the work that you've tried, even if it doesn't work, and then we can help correct just the concepts that you're a bit shy on. You'll learn a lot more that way.

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Author of:
    SQL Server Execution Plans
    SQL Server Query Performance Tuning

• Hi Sunil,

I don't know ur business requirment, but u can help below example query:

Select U.Asso_Id, U.Prj_Id, U.Available_Bill_Hr - T.TotalHr as Hr

From (Utilization U Inner Join (Allocation Al Inner Join

(Select Asso_Id, Prj_Id, TotalHr from AdditionalDetails) as T On Al.Asso_Id = T.Asso_Id and Al.Prj_Id = T.Prj_Id)

On U.Asso_ID = Al.Asso_ID and U.Prj_ID = Al.Prj_ID and T.Asso_Id = U.Asso_Id and T.Prj_Id = U.Prj_Id)

Where U.Month = 11 And Al.Type = 'Contract'

• Hi Sunil,

I don't know ur business requirment, but u can help below example query:

Select U.Asso_Id, U.Prj_Id, U.Available_Bill_Hr - T.TotalHr as Hr

From (Utilization U Inner Join (Allocation Al Inner Join

(Select Asso_Id, Prj_Id, TotalHr from AdditionalDetails) as T On Al.Asso_Id = T.Asso_Id and Al.Prj_Id = T.Prj_Id)

On U.Asso_ID = Al.Asso_ID and U.Prj_ID = Al.Prj_ID and T.Asso_Id = U.Asso_Id and T.Prj_Id = U.Prj_Id)

Where U.Month = 11 And Al.Type = 'Contract'

• Posting just the query is not sufficient.

For us to hepl you, test data data is also required. And since we are volunteering our time free to help, in kind you should provide the data in a way we can use without having to retype it. And provide the script for the tables as well.

DO read the advice in the links quoted by others on HOW to ask a question.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply