Issue with processing dimensions

• Hi all

I've got a weird one here.

We have a multi-dimensional cube that normally processes quite easily.

However, we're changing the way we load various tables to try and make everything more effiient and it's thrown up some issues.

One of those issues is that the cube table won't process as there's an item missing from the DIM table.  Here's the actual error:-

[Analysis Services Execute DDL Task] Error: Errors in the OLAP storage engine: An error occurred while processing the 'Fact APC Activity' partition of the 'Fact APC Activity' measure group for the 'APC Activity Cube' cube from the DataWarehouseCubes database.

There's also a warning:-

[Analysis Services Execute DDL Task] Warning: Errors in the OLAP storage engine: The attribute key cannot be found when processing: Table: 'Dim_Patient_Measures', Column: 'CurrentPatientKey', Value: '8435172'. The attribute is 'Current Patient Key'.

I've checked the FACT table and that value is there.

It looks like the DIM mentioned above is a named query but I can't see it in the Data Source view.

If I go through the DIMs in the Visual Studio solution, I can see it.

Things I've tried:-

• Started with ProcessFull on the cube itself (we have 5 cubes in this solution, we are just working on the first)
    • Tried processing the DIMs first followed by the cube (both on ProcessFull) - this still gives me an error
    • Tried processing the DIMs first followed by the measures (both on ProcessFull) - this also gives me an error and warning (see above)

We're using an SSIS package to control the processing (and to do the loading of the tables, etc.) so I don't know if this is the issue (I don't think so as it was working before we started splitting things up.

I'm starting to feel that the DIMs aren't actually doing a full process (even though that's the setting) but I can't prove it (or find an answer as to why).

Anyone any ideas?

TIA

Richard

• does that Key value exist in your Dim table/named query?

• I'm not sure.

It exists in the tables I can find, but I can't find the table that's throwing the error in my OP in the DSV.

• I found it.

It had actuially been renamed somewhere (I had to look in the XML code for the DSV and search for that table, then it gave me the friendly name).

I'm just running another test so I'll let everyone know how I get on.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply