Issue after updating Data Tools

• I updated the Data tools on my VS2017 installation, and now pretty much anything I try to do, including something as basic as creating a new package, returns errors something like this:

TITLE: Microsoft Visual Studio

------------------------------

Error creating package

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

Unable to cast COM object of type 'Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Runtime.Wrapper.ApplicationClass' to interface type 'Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Runtime.Wrapper.IDTSApplication160'. This operation failed because the QueryInterface call on the COM component for the interface with IID '{037FE238-12C5-4313-AE13-9E116E90ACEA}' failed due to the following error: No such interface supported (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80004002 (E_NOINTERFACE)). (Microsoft.SqlServer.ManagedDTS)

The part that I find particularly confusing is that IDTSApplication160 implies it's looking for SQL version 16, which is quite wrong considering that SQL server 2019 is version 15, and is as far as I know the most current release of SQL.

• Thanks for posting your issue and hopefully someone will answer soon.

This is an automated bump to increase visibility of your question.

• For what it's worth, I'm getting the same issue and have yet to find a resolution

In my opinion, VS is pretty poor when used for SSIS dev. Just too many issues

- Damian

• I had the same error when I upgraded from "Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio" version 18.8 to 18.9.2 and tried to use the "SQL Server Import and Export Wizard".

Managed to solve it by:

• Open a Command Prompt:

Run as Administrator: CMD

• Change directory to:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio 18\Common7\IDE\CommonExtensions\Microsoft\SSIS\150\Binn

• Execute:

regsvr32 dts.dll

Hope that works for others as well.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply