ispac file association broken

• I updated my visual studio 2019 professional recently, and when I try to double click an ispac file now to deploy, then it lost the file association. I tried to manually add the file association back as the isdeploymentwizard.exe again, but now when I open it, I get a window which suggests that it needs more parameters that weren't supplied. Does anyone know how I would fix things so that I can deploy ispac files again? I am able to deploy through visual studio. The same ispac file works on another machine too, so it's something to do with the setup on this one machine.

Edit: I've found a workaround where if I just run the isdeploymentwizard.exe file directly, it looks like it runs,but it doesn't specify the path of the project file I want automatically, but I have to find it. Guess I will do that until I can figure out what is wrong with it. I have tried a repair of my visual studio, it didn't help.

• This topic was modified 3 years, 3 months ago by  kyagi.jo.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
  • Have you installed the SSIS extension from the market place.

Along with the SSAS and SSRS extensions if you need those?

<2019 you have to install SSDT

>= 2019 you have to use the market place for the solutions and getting the tools setup for projects and file associations etc

• Yes I've already installed the SSIS extension. It was working fine previously, it was only recently that it stopped working, after I updated my visual studio 2019 professional. I can deploy my packages from within visual studio, it just seems the file association where I double click on ispac files is somehow broken, it is running the isdeploymentwizard.exe but it looks like it thinks it is missing a parameter that is preventing it from understanding how to autorun. The file association screen doesn't allow me to list any  parameters though, so I'm not sure how I'm meant to fix this issue.

• I've managed to fix it. It required going into my registry, and finding the ISDeploymentWizard.exe key that it was opening the program with, the value was something like

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\Professional\Common7\IDE\CommonExtensions\Microsoft\SSIS\150\Binn\ISDeploymentWizard.exe" "%1"

So I changed it to:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\Professional\Common7\IDE\CommonExtensions\Microsoft\SSIS\150\Binn\ISDeploymentWizard.exe" /SourcePath:"%1"

Like I thought, it was missing the parameter for the sourcepath.

• Excellent detective work there. I had not realised that file association arguments were stored like that in the Registry.

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply