ISJSON

• TomThomson (6/7/2016)

sestell1 (6/6/2016)

Thanks Igor for the interesting question.

This is definitely good to know, since it doesn't seem to be documented anywhere. :crazy:

In particular, it's not documented in the "good discussion for JSON" referenced in the explanation. And that discussion contains the statement Hekaton and Columnstore don't support LOBs, which suggests that the table declaration with an NVARCHAR(MAX) column and asking for Memory_Optimised should have failed and the statement introducing the second constraint never executed, so since that statement is executed and fails for an unmentioned reason should I conclude that this "good discussion" is rather out of date? :unsure:

Very good remark. Thanks.

I did the following:

--table

CREATE TABLE dbo.People2 (

Id int primary key nonclustered,

InfoJson nvarchar(400)

) WITH (MEMORY_OPTIMIZED=ON)

--constraint

ALTER TABLE dbo.People2

ADD CONSTRAINT [CK_People_InfoJason2]

CHECK ( ISJSON( InfoJson )> 0 )

Again it's the same restriction.

Igor Micev,My blog: www.igormicev.com

• Ed Wagner (6/7/2016)

There are a whole bunch of restrictions for memory-optimized tables and most of them that I remember are about performance. It prevents us from creating tables that are going to be slow by design. Granted, all my knowledge is theoretical because I've seen PASS presentations on it, but we're nowhere near getting SQL 2016 in-house. Even if we did, it takes EE anyway and I'm not that fortunate.

Agree, and I work more on SE rather than on EE.

See the reply above, I tried with nvarchar(400) (let's say for tiny JSON structures), it's still restricted.

Igor Micev,My blog: www.igormicev.com

• 50/50 chance and I got it. Interesting info for the new feature.

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply