Is null check causes query to being stuck

• Ahoi,

First of all , sorry for the weird  topic. It changed over the time ive been finding more and more issues/details on the problem .
    This combined with me being inexperienced resulted in this.
    Is there a different way to see the progress of a query besides the execution/live execution plan?

Situation:
    Because of a hardware issue i have temporary less performance available. --> CPU Usage 99% (Task Manager)
    Theres a cube processing thats still running and im not sure about its status.
    I can see in the activity  monitor that there are  2 quieries running relevant for processing a measure in this cube (execution plan of the queries attached, not sure if it helps)
    --> the queries are running for 4 hours now and have been started during the night after the dimensions have been completely processed
    My issue is that i now dont know if hes still doing anything or he is somewhat stuck.
    My predecessor made the cube process only partly during the week and process completely at weekend days. That somehow worked on the weekends after the performance issue started on friday evening.
    So the only times this cube has been processed since the lower performance was on saturday and sunday and there the Cube processed faster/did completly process.
    Cube didnt process because the job was paused.
    EDIT:
    The 2 queires were running for about 60 hours as i saw...
    So i killed the session that executing these 2 queries.
    Now  started processing the  measures individually to find the  one thats stuck, now i found  it but  now  the same query is running again  for some minutes now..
    Now that  this query is running again other select processes in the activity monitor are marked as suspended and waiting for this session. Is this related to the problem or solely the result because of some lock?
    Im not sure how to analyse a query performance wise in general
    Now i have this View and the query on on which ran for 60 hours but im not sure how to analyse its performance
    i mean i can test run it by cutting parts off but that is no organised way its just dumb testing

Can the lack of performance  lead to a query being stuck permanently?

Offtopic:
    When i have more questions in the future, should i  keep posting them in one post  or make a new thread every time?

• Ive been testrunning the view few times and found him stopping at this point.
    With this part included the is stuck data in the live statistics.
    But how can a is null check cause the query to stop if the theres another is null check which runs through without an issue?
    Any ideas?

where /*e.Verkaufsbeleg_Alternativpos is null

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply