"Is not in path" error?

• I am not sure exactly what this error is.  We had a hard drive crash not too long ago and I lost a few SSIS jobs.  One of the jobs points to an exe file that needs to run first and it points to the G: drive.  I have also tried typing the UNC path directly, but still get the same.  Is there something else to this error that I might be missing?

Thanks

• Is the batch file in the root of the G drive?  Please try moving it to a subfolder - I've seen strange things happen when trying to programatically access files in the the root of a drive.

John

• Is G: a local or network drive? 
    Does the SQL Agent user have rights to the folder?

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• John Mitchell-245523 - Tuesday, June 20, 2017 7:31 AM

Is the batch file in the root of the G drive?  Please try moving it to a subfolder - I've seen strange things happen when trying to programatically access files in the the root of a drive.

John

Nope, not in the root, it is in a subdirectory. Also this dtsx file is not published to SQL server.  It is run from a batch file using the DTEXEC utility.  I changed all instances of "G:" in the XML code to read the direct UNC of \\sql12_01\swmbh\...  This is a share directory on that server.  But now I get this error

• In the first error, you're missing a backslash from your path.  What it's looking for is a file called "sftpto Televox.bat".  Do you have Integration Services installed on the server?  I think that second error may be telling you that you don't.

John

• John Mitchell-245523 - Tuesday, June 20, 2017 7:52 AM

In the first error, you're missing a backslash from your path.  What it's looking for is a file called "sftpto Televox.bat".  Do you have Integration Services installed on the server?  I think that second error may be telling you that you don't.

John

I am sure that is the issue (not having IS installed).  I will get in contact with our network admin who has been rebuilding this server and make sure it is.  Thanks for the information

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply