Is it possible to display Date in between in cube without multiplying the Data?

• Ahoi,

I have to display "discount" as a measure in my Cube.

The basic structure is:

• DateFrom
    • DateUntill
    • DiscountMeasure

The request is:

Have a Date and display the DiscountMeasure.

My question is:

Is there a better way to solve this than creating a dataset for each day between DateFrom and DateUntill?

I was hoping the aggregate function could help me, but either they can't or i am missing something.

Thanks

• This topic was modified 3 years, 9 months ago by  ktflash.
  • How is DiscountMeasure calculated?

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• Phil Parkin wrote:

How is DiscountMeasure calculated?

Its not calculated its just a number and the 2 date ranges (+ other dimension references)

• OK, are these date ranges included in your cube? If so, why are you doing that, rather than allowing the end user to perform the aggregation in a pivot table (or however they are consuming the data)? I mean, why not simply have (Date, DiscountMeasure)?

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• Phil Parkin wrote:

OK, are these date ranges included in your cube? If so, why are you doing that, rather than allowing the end user to perform the aggregation in a pivot table (or however they are consuming the data)? I mean, why not simply have (Date, DiscountMeasure)?

because the user cant deal with the folloewing example:

Discount: 30%

DateFrom: 28.2.2019

DateTill: 08.09.2020

If the user requests any date that is between Datefrom and DateTill the 30% discount is relevant, but only appears if the specific dates DateFrom or DateTill are selected. I am intrested if there was a better way to allow the user to show the discount in the  date range without  creating a single row for every date between the range.

Edit:

I just tested what the multiplying version looks like. OOOF

I have 1.6 million data rows (already filtered) which leads to almost 500 million Cube rows for a single year.

Sucks i cant simply write them only on the first of the month since the data range can change mid month.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 9 months ago by  ktflash.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply