IntelliSense no longer working

• I recently got a new laptop at work and now IntelliSense is no longer working in SSMS 2016. It always worked fine before, so I'm assuming it's some kind of local configuration issue or something, not a server-related setting or access issue.

I've tried all the usual stuff: making sure IntelliSense is enabled, refreshing the IntelliSense cache. Nothing seems to work. I think I will try to have I.T. reinstall SSMS to see if that helps, but I thought maybe some of you guys might have had similar experiences and have other suggestions I could try? I'm not a huge IntelliSense fan, but it is certainly helpful and I find I am missing it now that it's gone. 🙂 Thanks!

"If I had been drinking out of that toilet, I might have been killed." -Ace Ventura

• No real idea here. I've had this happen rarely, and usually uninstall, reboot, reinstall and it seems to fix things.

• Thanks Steve. Fingers crossed. 🙂

"If I had been drinking out of that toilet, I might have been killed." -Ace Ventura

• Update: Steve's suggestion worked. 🙂 Thanks again.

• I hate that that's the answer, but I think the multiple dependencies here are often a problem with some of the things in SSMS

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply