Installing Call Quality Dashboard 2019 problems

• I am trying to install Call Quality Dashboard 2019 on a Windows Server 2016 Datacentre and SQL Server version 2016.  Skype for Business Server 2015 is the version of Skype we are using.

However I am having problems trying to install CQD, it seems to fail on creating the agent job on the QoE archiving databases step, everything else seems to have been created fine.

In the Event Viewer I see Event Ids for event 1033 and 11708.  Event 1033 states this – ‘Installation success or error status: 1603.’

I try to run the installer again generating a verbose log file searching in the log for ‘return value 3’ and in the log just before this I see this error –

Calling custom action CallQualityDashboardCustomActions!CallQualityDashboardCustomActions.ArchiveCustomActions.CreateArchiveJob

Exception thrown by custom action:

System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: The current transaction cannot be committed and cannot support operations that write to the log file. Roll back the transaction.

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection, Action`1 wrapCloseInAction)

at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean callerHasConnectionLock, Boolean asyncClose)

at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.TryRun(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean& dataReady)

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.FinishExecuteReader(SqlDataReader ds, RunBehavior runBehavior, String resetOptionsString, Boolean isInternal, Boolean forDescribeParameterEncryption, Boolean shouldCacheForAlwaysEncrypted)

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReaderTds(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, Boolean async, Int32 timeout, Task& task, Boolean asyncWrite, Boolean inRetry, SqlDataReader ds, Boolean describeParameterEncryptionRequest)

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method, TaskCompletionSource`1 completion, Int32 timeout, Task& task, Boolean& usedCache, Boolean asyncWrite, Boolean inRetry)

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.InternalExecuteNonQuery(TaskCompletionSource`1 completion, String methodName, Boolean sendToPipe, Int32 timeout, Boolean& usedCache, Boolean asyncWrite, Boolean inRetry)

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()

at CallQualityDashboardCustomActions.ArchiveCustomActions.CreateArchiveJob(Session session)

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)

at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object parameters, Object arguments)

at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object parameters, CultureInfo culture)

at Microsoft.Deployment.WindowsInstaller.CustomActionProxy.InvokeCustomAction(Int32 sessionHandle, String entryPoint, IntPtr remotingDelegatePtr)

CustomAction CreateArchiveJob returned actual error code 1603 (note this may not be 100% accurate if translation happened inside sandbox)

The logon I am using in the Install is a domain logon that has sa rights over the SQL Server and Admin rights on the Server so should beallowed to do pretty much whatever it wants.  I am at a loss as to what to try next.

• Hmm, contact microsoft support? Assuming the product is https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/turning-on-and-using-call-quality-dashboard

• Did a quick google of the error message and found this forum post:

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/531cc114-ffb5-4bad-9ac0-b1d6f0a1d9af/the-current-transaction-cannot-be-committed-and-cannot-support-operations-that-write-to-the-log

Here, the problem was with permissions.

I also found this post:

https://kb.blackbaud.com/articles/Article/53466

which to me sounds like a space issue.  Are any of your databases, logs or disks full?

The above is all just my opinion on what you should do. 
    As with all advice you find on a random internet forum - you shouldn't blindly follow it.  Always test on a test server to see if there is negative side effects before making changes to live!
    I recommend you NEVER run "random code" you found online on any system you care about UNLESS you understand and can verify the code OR you don't care if the code trashes your system.

• I thought it may be permissions, but I gave the install domain account sysadmin over the SQL Server and admin on the server so it should be able to do practically whatever it wants.

There is plenty of space on all drives on the Server.

I did have concerns about CQD 2019 being compatible with SQL Server 2016, as per The Microsoft website -

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/skypeforbusiness/management-tools/call-quality-dashboard/plan#infrastructure-requirements-for-cqd

But I have spent a couple of hours working with a Microsoft expert and asked and he said 2016 would be fine, but I have my doubts going by the documentation.  Despite spending a couple of hours with the expert we were unable to fix the problem.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 4 months ago by  garryha.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply