Install SQK2k5 Before VStudio2005 = Missing BIDS & SSIS?

• I'm missing BIDS and SSIS and I'd like to have it installed in Visual Studio 2005. Here is my install sequence of events, starting fresh with no version SQL Server 2005 or Visual Studio 2005 (but with older version of SQL 2000 and VS2003):

1) Installed SQL Server 2005 Developer w/all client tools & SSRS

2) Installed Visual Studio 2005 Prof., VS2005 SDK, & VS2005 SP1

... then fired up VS2005 and didn't see any links or templates for BIDS or SSIS

3) Attempted to install missing SQL Server components BIDS & SSIS using SQL Server 2005 install\update media, choosing only client component BIDS first, but now get message saying:

"Your upgrade is blocked because the existing component is a later version than the version you are trying to upgrade to. To modify an existing SQL Server component, go to Add or Remove Programs in Control Panel, select the component you would like to modify, and then click Change/Remove."

Do I need to uninstall SQL Server 2005 first and then re-install it from scratch? Please say no as I already have a lot of SQL Server 2005 DB's created - the first step to install SQL Server 2005 happened quite a few months before I installed VS2005.

Cheers,

maddog

maddog

• Have you tried uninstalling SP1 for Visual Studio?

I believe the service pack might be the culprit in this case.

ML

---
    Matija Lah, SQL Server MVP
    http://milambda.blogspot.com

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply