Indexes for Memory-Optimized Tables

• Comments posted to this topic are about the item Indexes for Memory-Optimized Tables

• Nice question to end the week on, thanks Evgeny

• Maybe something worth noting: starting from SQL Server 2017, there is not limit anymore on the number of indexes that can be created.

• Mighty - Friday, December 1, 2017 8:12 AM

...starting from SQL Server 2017, there is not limit anymore on the number of indexes that can be created.

That is why question is:

How many indexes can be created on a Memory-Optimized Table if you use SQL Server 2016?

• Hmm... it's not easy, in the DOCS Maximum Capacity Specifications for SQL Server is stated:
    "Indexes per memory-optimized table: 999 starting SQL Server 2017 and in Azure SQL Database, ...",
    which is more likely than unlimited.

• George Vobr - Friday, December 1, 2017 12:27 PM

Hmm... it's not easy, in the DOCS Maximum Capacity Specifications for SQL Server is stated:
    "Indexes per memory-optimized table: 999 starting SQL Server 2017 and in Azure SQL Database, ...",
    which is more likely than unlimited.

I think that's an issue with how Microsoft has screwed up  redone the documentation for SQL Server. They have some things specific to 2017 that are listed as applies to 2016 and later. They have a ton of documents on things where it's listed as starting with 2008 even if it was introduced in earlier versions. It's become incredibly difficult to figure out what applies to what version anymore. They took one of the stronger points of the product and turned it into a weakness.
    I'm waiting for clippy to pop up to help me with backups and restores. And totally screw it up. 

Sue

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply