Index tuning advisor errors. cannot find stored procedure

• Hi GUys,

I am getting following errors while working with DTA.

E000 [Microsoft][SQL Native Client][SQL Server]Could not find stored procedure . In trace file, there is no login column and am running the DTA with sql login having db_owner/Showplan permissions to target database. Also have select permission to MSDB database.

When I checked to database the stored proc is there.

Plz help me out.

Thanks

AKP

• It sounds like the DTA is not connecting to the right database. That would explain why it's getting that error.

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Author of:
    SQL Server Execution Plans
    SQL Server Query Performance Tuning

• I set the database to right one. Still that error comes.

• @AKP

Can you post exact error ?

-------Bhuvnesh----------
    I work only to learn Sql Server...though my company pays me for getting their stuff done;-)

• Here is the exact error message:

E000exec Test_SP @Test_SYSID=93,@Test_SALE_SYSID=NULL,@Test_SALE_YEAR=NULL,@CODE=NULL,@DESCRIPTION=NULL 1[Microsoft][SQL Native Client][SQL Server]Could not find stored procedure 'Test_SP'.

I have more than 50 messages like this for different store procedures.

Thanks

AKP

• AKP (10/4/2010)

Could not find stored procedure 'Test_SP'.

Are you sure these SP exist?

-------Bhuvnesh----------
    I work only to learn Sql Server...though my company pays me for getting their stuff done;-)

• I'm still of the opinion that you are either not connecting to the correct database, or your security doesn't allow you to see those procs. It's also possible that they're not there. It has to be one of these things. It just has to be.

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Author of:
    SQL Server Execution Plans
    SQL Server Query Performance Tuning

• you told you can see in database you told right.

So why don't you just open it as script as and right click on query analyzer and select tune with DTA.

Simple!

[font="Tahoma"]
    --SQLFRNDZ[/url]
    [/font]

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply