Import .xls file

• Hi

I am importing an excel file daily which is an automated process but last day I got error saying that destination column does not allow nulls. BUt when I looked in detail everything looks fine for me.

The only diffrence I observe from previous loads is that this file is bigger than tha files before processed. PLs help me to load it anyway.

• You might have a duplicate column name in the import file,just check the column names.

• I am sure I dont have any duplicates, weired thing is that when I split the file into 2 and ran my job it was gud. so I concluded that thae error was due to the large number of rows. If the number of rows exceed more than 35, this job fails. Pls help me to find the resons why it happens so.

• I've found this occurs when there are "extra" rows or columns at the end of a worksheet.  It could be that when you split the file into two you are copying and pasting the visible data and thereby eliminating the invisible, culprit row(s).

Try this.  Open the sheet that is causing trouble.  From the main menu select Edit - Go To and then click Special.  Find and click the option button for "Last Cell."

You might find that the last cell is an extra that lies outside the expected range.  If so, clean up the sheet by removing the extra columns/rows as needed and then retry your import.   If this turns out to be the problem, then you might also need to review how the extraneous data got into the sheet to begin with.

HTH

Ken

• I solve this problem by creating a named range in the spreadsheet and importing the named range instead of the worksheet.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply