Import data from PDF to SQL Server 2008 Either by T-SQl or By SSIS

• Hi,

I have a task of loading the data from PF document which has a table structure in it. The table starts at 25 line.

Would there be any way to load the table in PDF file into the table- SQL Server 2008.

Your help is a ton. Please suggest.

Swetha K

• I'm not sure there's an easy way to do this. You'd have to parse out the PDF document.

Can you cut/paste the data into Excel and import that?

This seems to make it seem simple: http://josef-richberg.squarespace.com/journal/2010/1/6/simple-series-ssis-import-column.html

• You have to pre-process the file outside of SQL Server. Search for 'convert pdf csv' and there may be some options. Once you have a csv file all the normal ways of importing into SQL Server will be available.

• I am given a task of automating the PDF data to a table ...... Looking out for possibilities/solution.

Thank you for the response.

Please let me know if you come across any solution to do this..

Thank you.

• Eshika - Tuesday, September 14, 2010 2:55 PM

I am given a task of automating the PDF data to a table ...... Looking out for possibilities/solution.Thank you for the response.Please let me know if you come across any solution to do this..Thank you.

Hi,
    I am looking for the same kind of automation. Can you pls share me the inputs.
    Thanks..

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply