• Raghavendra Mudugal

SSChampion

Cliff Jones (8/12/2014)

Raghavendra Mudugal (8/12/2014)

TomThomson (8/12/2014)

Stewart "Arturius" Campbell (8/12/2014)

Good question, thanks Hugo

hmm "Hugo"?

Yes, today's email stated that it was Hugo's question for some reason.

subject of the email is "Data Mining: Part 13 PowerShell (SQLServer?Central 8/12/2014)"?

if yes.... I see no reference of mentioning the sql master. it has the same author's name of this post.

strange.

ww; Raghu
    --
    The first and the hardest SQL statement I have wrote- "select * from customers" - and I was happy and felt smart.

• Hugo Kornelis

SSC Guru

It's been like that for a long time already. In some places, the QotD author is presented with the correct author. In other places, it is presented with the author of the previous day.

As the well-known sasying geos, "there are two hard things in computer science: cache invalidation, naming things, and off-by-one errors".

Hugo Kornelis, SQL Server/Data Platform MVP (2006-2016)
    Visit my SQL Server blog: https://sqlserverfast.com/blog/
    SQL Server Execution Plan Reference: https://sqlserverfast.com/epr/

• Cliff Jones

SSChampion

Cliff Jones (8/12/2014)

TomThomson (8/12/2014)

Stewart "Arturius" Campbell (8/12/2014)

Good question, thanks Hugo

hmm "Hugo"?

Yes, today's email stated that it was Hugo's question for some reason.

subject of the email is "Data Mining: Part 13 PowerShell (SQLServer?Central 8/12/2014)"?

if yes.... I see no reference of mentioning the sql master. it has the same author's name of this post.

strange.

You are correct. It references yesterday's QOTD as being Hugo's but it was not.

• Cliff Jones

SSChampion

Hugo Kornelis (8/12/2014)

It's been like that for a long time already. In some places, the QotD author is presented with the correct author. In other places, it is presented with the author of the previous day.

As the well-known sasying geos, "there are two hard things in computer science: cache invalidation, naming things, and off-by-one errors".

When in doubt, thank Hugo.

• Raghavendra Mudugal

SSChampion

Cliff Jones (8/12/2014)

+1, as always. It is great to see the master's comment.:-)

ww; Raghu
    --
    The first and the hardest SQL statement I have wrote- "select * from customers" - and I was happy and felt smart.

• jramirezgt

SQL first parse the SQL statement and found that is a sintaxis error becouse there are two parameter in the values section and the table have only one field.

INSERT INTO tempTable (id) VALUES (1), (2)

• Hardy21

SSCrazy Eights

Cliff Jones (8/12/2014)

+1, as always. It is great to see the master's comment.:-)

+1

Thanks

• Hardy21

SSCrazy Eights

jramirezgt (8/12/2014)

SQL first parse the SQL statement and found that is a sintaxis error becouse there are two parameter in the values section and the table have only one field.

INSERT INTO tempTable (id) VALUES (1), (2)

You can insert multiple rows with single INSERT statement. Please refer: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-IN/library/ms174335.aspx -- take a look: B. Inserting multiple rows of data

Thanks

• Hany Helmy

SSChampion

Iulian -207023 (8/12/2014)

OK I got it, so the key is in SET IMPLICIT_TRANSACTIONS ON ... interesting. Thank you for the question.

+ 1

• Hany Helmy

SSChampion

Easy 🙂

• TomThomson

SSC Guru

That's hopelessly optimistic.

You should say "there are four hard things in computer science: cache invalidation, naming things, and off-by-one errors".

Tom

• Ken Wymore

SSCoach

TomThomson (8/13/2014)

That's hopelessly optimistic.

You should say "there are four hard things in computer science: cache invalidation, naming things, and off-by-one errors".

🙂

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply