i want to export data from sql database to excel sheet with data type as it is

• 🙂i want to export data from sql database to excel sheet with data type as it is

• Can you give anymore info about how and what you expect from th export?

Integration services will be your best bet here, but without more info, I can't give much more of an answer about how you will need to go about it. For general info you can find all the info you need in Books Online.

• I agree with Jason, without a practical example, it is very difficult to assist.

Assuming that you are not too worried about massaging your data, you may want to try doing the following:

- In SSMS, right click on your database, then select tasks>export data

This should open an Import and Export Wizard for you

- Select your source server (IP or servername and SQL/Windows Credentials)

- Select your destination Excel spreadsheet

- Specify the table that you want dumped in Excel by selecting the copy option and selecting the table you want to copy (note that if you select multiple tables, multiple worksheets are created in the same workbook)

- When selecting the execute immediately option, try saving the SSIS package. what this will do is to show you the actual SSIS being used to transfer your data

Without going into too much info overkill, this will copy your data from SQL into excel, and do a pretty good job of handling data types, Nulls, etc.

Trust this helps

~PD

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply