How Was Your Weekend?

• Mine started out ok. Early Saturday morning was my daughter's first soccer practice. A little cool, but a long sleeve shirt and shorts. Then sweats and a T-shirt in the afternoon for my son's roller hockey practice. A very nice, outdoors day, we got quite a few things done around the house in between. A nice shot of the barn over to the right here.

Then I wake up Sunday morning to this. A blizzard like condition, windy, cold, and 6 inches of snow on the ground. And it continued all day, a little still falling this morning. With the weather so bad, I went out to shovel the 50 foot driveway, just in case we needed to go anywhere. My wife had to go check on her horse and I knew we'd need milk at some point, so I figured I should do that.

So in 24 hours, we went from a beautiful sunny spring day to a blizzard. Gotta love Denver, but after my shoveling, I didn't feel like anything. I sat around and read some novels, played a little video games with my son, watched the kids outside making a snowman, and basically had a lazy, winter day.

And schools were closed today. So it wasn't a very productive day at work. My wife is buried and leaves town tomorrow for 2 days, so I had the kid duty most of the time. A little Halo, a little crawling around on the floor simulating a horse, it was some day.

I know that most of you are getting on with your Monday, moving forward into the week. To me it felt like a holiday weekend, and one that wasn't conducive to doing any writing :(. It's been a few weeks since I've done and articles, and hopefully I'll get a few more going soon.

In between the SQL Server 2005 testing I need to do. We're looking to upgrade the SQLServerCentral.com site to SQL Server 2005 with the next CTP, so we're testing and waiting for the release. We're looking forward to that one, as is Microsoft. I mean, how high profile can you be besides SQLServerCentral.com!!!!!

🙂

Steve Jones

• sounds like a typical melbourne weekend down here in australia....!!

except we just get bucket loads of rain instead of snow.....!

good to see Sqlservercentral going 2005....will be a good way to see how your site stands up to it..!!

Have a good week !

------------------------------
    Life is far too important to be taken seriously

• Here you go, everytime I start to hohumm over the weather I have a look at this and think well it isn't so bad after all...

• Hi Steve,

What? Six inches of snow and schools are shut down? Lucky...Here in Montreal, we used to walk bare foot in 3 feet of snow to get to school!

Enjoy it anyway and keep on the good stuff! Your site is No.1!

• Here in southwest Ohio:

Saturday and Sunday sunny and 70.

Monday pretty much the same.

But I was at work a good chunk of Saturday and all day Monday. Bummer! I need to burn some vacation days!

----------------
    Jim P.

A little bit of this and a little byte of that can cause bloatware.

• Halo or Halo2?

Keep on truckin'
    Steel Rope

• Enjoy these moments.  SQL Server 2005 will morph to SQL Server 2020 and the kid is going to wish that you were not around (and definitely not a geek).

There are challenges to having a young family.  There are challenges to having a teenage family and there are advantages of empty nest.  Enjoy the moments that God imposes on your life.

Russel Loski, MCSE Business Intelligence, Data Platform

• Halo 2.

Rented it Sun night and my little boy is all into it. Was playing this morning before school!

• Steve,

I would personally wait for Beta 3 instead of the next CTP. CTPs are not tested nearly as thoroughly as Betas, so you can assume that the Beta should be at least a bit more stable than the CTP. Beta 3, from what I've heard, will follow very close on the heels of the next CTP.

By the way, you should know before you upgrade that currently updating to or from CTPs is not supported. If you upgrade to a CTP you may be stuck with it!

--
    Adam Machanic
    whoisactive

• Great email Steve. I like the personal touch. You should do that more often.

Thanks,

Mike Hinton

MCDBA

• You've obviously got British roots - the weather is the most common topic of conversation here!!

My children would be so jealous - winters have been so mild recently they haven't been able to make snowmen.

• Hmmmm. you are in sort of luck!!

Here in Chennai, India I got fried from scorching summer heat and had to beat it with couple of beers )

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply