How to upgrade the version of Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services Designer

• Hi there

I am trying to execute a SSIS 2008 package on a SQL Server 2008 R2

I get the following error message:

'Description: The task "Get Filename" cannot run on installed  (64-bit) of Integration Services. It requires Standard Edition (64-bit) or higher'

Now the version of the SQL Server Execute Package Utility is 10.50.6560.0

On Visual Studio 2008 , the version of Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services Designer is Version 10.50.6000.34

Now i have installed SP3 for 2008 R2 and Security Update for SQL Server 2008 R2 SP3 (KB4057113) which should take me up to

However after doing this and re-starting my machine, BIDS is still showing Version 10.50.6000.34 for the SSIS designer

How can I get SSIS designer upgraded to version 10.50.6560.0?

• SQL Server 2008 is completely unsupported now, and has been for a year. Ideally you should be looking at upgrade paths, if not already. It's also concerning that you hadn't installed SP3, which came out 6 years ago.

What is it you're doing when you get this error? Are you running the task in Agent in SQL Server, or via the (really old) Integration Services Connection? What is the task "Get FileName"?

Thom~

Excuse my typos and sometimes awful grammar. My fingers work faster than my brain does.
    Larnu.uk

• Hi Thom

OK I have now installed SP3 and the update for that on my local SQL Server machine.

I was running the package via a SQL Server agent job and get this following error message

Executed as user: LTSBR\SASQLOPS001. Microsoft (R) SQL Server Execute Package Utility  Version 10.50.6560.0 for 64-bit  Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation 2010. All rights reserved.    Started:  10:56:59  Error: 2020-07-15 10:57:00.70     Code: 0xC0012024     Source: Get Filename      Description: The task "Get Filename" cannot run on installed  (64-bit) of Integration Services. It requires Standard Edition (64-bit) or higher.  End Error  DTExec: The package execution returned DTSER_FAILURE (1).  Started:  10:56:59  Finished: 10:57:00  Elapsed:  1.485 seconds.  The package execution failed.  The step failed.

Get Filename is a C# Script task

• What edition of SQL Server 2008R2 are you running? Is it 32bit version too perhaps?

Thom~

Excuse my typos and sometimes awful grammar. My fingers work faster than my brain does.
    Larnu.uk

• On my development machine , im running SQL Server Standard Edition (64-bit)

On the target server , Enterprise Edition (64 bit) is running

Also the CLR Version is the same on my machine as on the target server  v2.0.50727

One thing I wanted to ask, does a SSIS package executing a C# task, require the full SSIS runtime to be installed on the target

server?

I am able to run this package on BIDS on my local machine but that has the full SSIS runtime?

• Integration Services must be installed on any machine which runs a package via SQL Agent.

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• Phil Parkin wrote:

Integration Services must be installed on any machine which runs a package via SQL Agent.

Hi phil

OK the error message we got was that

The task "Get Filename" cannot run on installed  (64-bit) of Integration Services. It requires Standard Edition (64-bit) or higher.

We are thinking whether a more advanced version of Integration Services is required to run packages which have C# script components

There are other jobs on this SQL Server which run SSIS packages but they don't have a C# Script component.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply