how to uninstall reporting services 2005

• I had a developer uninstall\reinstall IIS and ASP.net on my production sql server. Now I'm unable to get reporting services to operate. I tried to uninstall\reinstall it from setup on the cd, but an uninstall option doesn't come up.

I also tried to uninstall IIS & ASP.Net, to see if I could uninstall RS, per another article, but this didn't help.

Does anyone know how I can uninstall reporting services, so I can try to reinstall it? I can't seem to find anything specific on the net.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

• Hi,

you need to start from Add/Remove Programs (or whatever it is called in an english environment).

select SQL Server2005 and the Change button.

Michael

• Thanks for the reply. I came across an article that showed me how the uninstall process works. Appreciate it.

• please provide link to information.

• Go to Add/Remove Programs and click Change. Choose Reporting services and continue. At some point you will have to make the choice to remove SQL server. Verify that in the blue bar above it says "Reporting Services" and continue. It's a little nerve-wracking, but that's the way to do it.

Good luck!

• Hi Dude ,

I do have a similar Problem of how I can uninstall reporting services.

Can u provide me with the any supporting documents in this regard ..

• Jamie's step-by-step worked for me. As he said, it is quite nerve-wracking when you click the button labelled "uninstall SQL Server" 😉

• Nerve-wracking indeed! I'm amazed Microsoft (the developer of the nuts & bolts of the windows OS after-all) hasnt freaking made their uninstall windows application a little more dynamic!

I had to click on REMOVE on "All MS SQL SERVER" (or pretty close) to remove SSRS...I'm totally annoyed and was SCARED to death, it's like one of those marketing companies which get their toolbars installed on your computer through malware and then are a pain in the *** to uninstall. C'mon Microsoft..

Anyway, yes please make sure the "Blue" (The only indication given to us during the uninstall process) bar on top says Reporting Services..or you could potentially be unemployed :crazy:

--
    :hehe:

• OH MY GOD....My Blood Pressure was building up while trying to UnInstall the Reporting Services....phew!!!

• Thanks for the information, it helped tremendously! BOL did not provide good info on this process.

Good thing I was uninstalling from my Development server!

• Could you send me the link that you found for this please.

I am also encountering this issue.

Thanks,

Kwasi

• Hi there, it wasn't a link I don't believe the instructions are to:

Go to Add/Remove Programs and click Change. Choose Reporting services and continue. At some point you will have to make the choice to remove SQL server. Verify that in the blue bar above it says "Reporting Services" and continue. It's a little nerve-wracking, but that's the way to do it.

This is the most straight-forward instructions I have seen yet.

FYI - the same goes for SQL Server 2008!

• Thanks guys, i can't believe how stupid that remove tool is!!:w00t:

Remember
    Without Change something sleeps inside of us that seldom awakens, the sleeper must awaken!!

• Open REGEDIT from the windows "RUN" application.

Browse HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Unistall Info.

There should be a couple GUID's representing Instance, Client Tools and such.

In this, find the UnistallPath and copy the command back into windows RUN.

Will uninstall fine.

• To save your nerves,

Run the configuration and do not remove sql server with reporting services in the blue bar, just go to the other option at this stage, and select change. On next menu right click on reporting services and disable the functionality , it will reomve in the same manner.

hope this helps

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply