How To Securely Store Gmail Acct. Password in SSIS Variable?

• Working on a project for a client.

There is functionality all throughout the parent package that will email users based on various events occurring.

I've setup a Gmail account for the client that will be used specifically used for sending these emails through.

I have a variable in SSIS named "vGmailSendingAcct" that has the email address of the Gmail acct.

I have another variable in SSIS named "vGmailSendingAcctPassword" that contains the password needed to enable sending of emails through the email acct. listed in the "vGmailSendingAcct" variable. I obviously don't want to put "TheActualPassword" as a string in the "vGmailSendingAcct" variable, which will actually be found in an XML Configuration File on the production machine in case someone is able to open that in a text editor.

What options do I have for placing an encrypted version of the Gmail acct. password in that variable and having a decryption function run in SSIS to change the password (for example) from "a$g0$b@" to "TheActualPassword"?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

• Where do you use the password variable? Inside a standard connection manager or in your script ?

---
    SSIS Tasks Components Scripts Services | http://www.cozyroc.com/

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply