How to run a file on a server thru SSIS

• Orlando Colamatteo (7/6/2015)

Make sure the called app isn't asking for user input, e.g. a login name or license required.

If you run the app from a cmd shell directly under the same security context as your SSIS Package you can confirm it works outside SSIS first. Many times trying it interactively outside SSIS will uncover an issue.

I second this advice. Take the opportunity to strip away the layer of complexity added by SSIS, if you can, while troubleshooting.

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• As I mentioned, it works on the local machine and through a 3rd party app on another remote server.

It's just the syntax the SSIS package is expecting is eluding me.

Know of any cmd experts? I know this is something that should be easy, but I'm just not finding the right combination.

• mckinnj1 (7/6/2015)

I am running into the same issue via SSIS. I am trying to run the following:

Execuable: cmd.exe

Argument: /c "\\he_interface_test\c$\Program Files\McKesson\Supply Chain Management\BIN\batchfms.exe" login password

The executable will run and hang, but no results. Nothing is logged, no outputs.

I've looked all over and I can't seem to find the magic syntax to get this to complete successfully.

Any ideas?

The path to your exe has a space in it therefore you may need to use DOS short paths to reference it so you can include the command line params in the /c option value. Also or alternatively you may need to fully qualify the reference to cmd.

Executable (on my machine): C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe

Argument: /c "\\he_interface_test\c$\Progra~1\McKesson\Supply~1\BIN\batchfms.exe login password"

YMMV since Windows will assign short paths on a first in basis, therefore you may need to use ~2 or ~3, etc. to get to the proper program files or supply chain folders on your machine.

There are no special teachers of virtue, because virtue is taught by the whole community.
    --Plato

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply