How to over come the Data Issue

• Hi,

I have a package which imports data from csv file (tab delimited) to sql server database. earlier when testing with development DB there was no issues, but implementing the same to the testing DB it throwing multiple errors like truncation happened on "some column" but the staging table width was set to 4000, actual data length can not be more than 100.

I found what type of data is causing issue. I have given the sample screen shot with the attachment.

kindly have a look and let me know how to over come this issue.

Thanks,

Prabhu

• How is the column defined on your flat file connection?

Luis C.
    General Disclaimer:
    Are you seriously taking the advice and code from someone from the internet without testing it? Do you at least understand it? Or can it easily kill your server?

How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help: Option 1 / Option 2
  • It is a Tab delimited columns

• But in the advanced "tab" from your flat file connection manager, there's a data type and length defined. The truncation might be occurring in there.

Luis C.
    General Disclaimer:
    Are you seriously taking the advice and code from someone from the internet without testing it? Do you at least understand it? Or can it easily kill your server?

How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help: Option 1 / Option 2
  • in the advanced tab, the datatype is set to Unicode dt_stwr (something which is equivalent to nvarchar) and the width is 4000, actual data flows through the flat file is having a maximum of 22 only.

my question is, is there any transformation which could search for some condition and overcome these kind of issues in the future, as of now I have fixed it manualy (really tedious....)

is there any possible way to handle it in any of the transformation in sql2012.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply