How to move indexes from one database to another database??

• Hi All,

I created a new database in test server.i moved all tables data from production to UAT by using import/export wizard.The task was completed successfully but the indexes was not created in new database .

So i want to move all the indexes prod database to test database .

any one please let me know how can i achieve this ..........

Thanks

Lavanya

• you can script the indexes on one server(db) and run the script inside the other.

• Lavanyasri (7/26/2012)

Hi All,

I created a new database in test server.i moved all tables data from production to UAT by using import/export wizard.

Thanks

Lavanya

is there any reason why you have used import/export instead of DB scripting or DB restore.

Regards
    Durai Nagarajan

• Thanks Hadrian .

Could you please provide the script plz

• we don't have enough disk space to take the backup in prod. Every day backup is taking by using third aprty tool . So by using this backup file its not possible to restore in Test server .

So i preferred this option

• Lavanyasri (7/26/2012)

we don't have enough disk space to take the backup in prod. Every day backup is taking by using third aprty tool . So by using this backup file its not possible to restore in Test server .

So i preferred this option

In that case, I would prefer to generate complete DB script (DDLs only).

Then, run CREATE TABLE first, export data, run rest of the DDL script(PK,FK,Other objects like SPs,fns,Trgs,....)

--

well still you can generate DB script and then execute everything else without CREATE TABLE script

To generate script: right click DB in SSMS -> Tasks-> Generate Scripts...

• I tried the below scenario but its not creating indexes.

generate script: right click DB in SSMS -> Tasks-> Generate Scripts...

• Lavanyasri (7/26/2012)

I tried the below scenario but its not creating indexes.

generate script: right click DB in SSMS -> Tasks-> Generate Scripts...

Did you make sure "Script Indexes" = true, in script wizard?

• Thanks ,

I already created tables in test environment ?Now can i created only indexes in that database ??

• yes create the table script with "Include if not exists" as yes then table wont be created but index will be created.

Regards
    Durai Nagarajan

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply