How to monitor or check SQL Server block or deadlock occurred before ?

• Can we use SQL Server error logs or other logs to check SQL server block ?disk IO or deadlock occurred ?

if yes, how can  we check it?   if no, are there any other ways to capture SQL server block?disk IO ?deadlock or  RAM usage ? thanks a lot!

• This topic was modified 4 years, 5 months ago by  892717952.
  • Have you looked into the blocked process report?

John

• do you mean    the reports--> standard reports  for each database , such as: all transactions , all blocking transactions ....?

If yes, do these reports just reflect the resources usage and database information for current status ? or just reflects the information since SQL Server starting ?

but I want to all know resources usage ( such as RAM, disk IO, cpu usage ) many days before, event if I have resarted SQL Server. thanks!

• Apologies - I thought I'd posted this link:

https://www.red-gate.com/simple-talk/sql/database-administration/building-custom-blocked-process-report/

John

• Dear John, thanks for you good  suggestion.

but My question is that how to utilize the SQL Server log to analyse when there is a block in the database and the detailed information of the block , such as the block is caused by which SQL statement.

• It's all in the link I posted, as far as I can see.  Please ask if there's anything in particular you don't understand, or if anything appears to be missing.

John

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply