How to manage with the disabled/Non existing Source Data

• Hi,

I have situation that in my DFT(Which is attached "DFT") i'm taking the 3 rawfiles as my source for doing the transformation i need to manage these trasformation when the "Second two Raw files" are not exist in my machine i.e if i disable the Controls which produce these raw files(Attached is the CFT); How can i manage these transformations with out any issue.

• I think there are two options (since you just can't disable components in the data flow task):

* write a script component that functions as a RAW file source. This script task will check the existence of the file first. If it exists, it will read the rows, otherwise it will output 0 rows.

* Split up the dataflow in 3 different data flows. For each dataflow, put a script task in front that checks the existence of the file. Put the result in a variable that you use in the precedence constraint to control if the corresponding dataflow task may or may not start. While you're at it, store the temporary result in staging tables or temp tables. This is much easier to join and manipulate and you won't need the sort components and the merge join components.

Need an answer? No, you need a question
    My blog at https://sqlkover.com.
    MCSE Business Intelligence - Microsoft Data Platform MVP

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply