How to determine if DB has been upgraded

• Hi all

I have an instance, 25 databases, SP3 was applied but there are 5 readonly databases and the previous dba cant tell me if they were read/write at the time of the upgrade. Its simple enough to get versioning info for the entire instance, but how can I determine at a DB level wether of not I need to re-apply the SP. I can take the easy way out of course but surely there is another method.

Cheers

Ck

Chris Kempster
    www.chriskempster.com
    Author of "SQL Server Backup, Recovery & Troubleshooting"
    Author of "SQL Server 2k for the Oracle DBA"

• That had to be Read/Write at the time SP3 was installed. When it tries to upgrade it checks this.

• Hi Antares686

I think not, it gives a warning only and says y"ou better consider this very carefully blah blah", checking the logs it doesnt seem to issue the command altering it back to read/write. Having read the readme it devotes a small section on read only db's. SO with that said, im still in the black as to what is really happening... I suppose i can run profiler and try and catch the sql being run, tough ask though.

Cheers

Ck

Chris Kempster
    www.chriskempster.com
    Author of "SQL Server Backup, Recovery & Troubleshooting"
    Author of "SQL Server 2k for the Oracle DBA"

• Odd, when I tried it on a server with a single read-only DB I got a message database blah is read-only and it quit. Then I had to make read-write during the SP and afterwards read-only again myself. I don't have a machine to test on right off, but if I can get my hands on a machine to wipe I will test again.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply