How to Copy Data to another server?

• So I'm trying a SISS package and I am getting the following error. previously we used to transfer data via DTS as the server with the new data is sql server 2000 and the destination server was upgraded from 2000 to 20005. as a result I can no longer user the datapump from dts. this is the current error. I am running this via ssis using oledb source to oledb destination objects. I really was hoping for a much simpler way but it does not look feasible at this time.

[Execute SQL Task] Error: Executing the query "TRUNCATE TABLE db.dbo.tbl_a " failed with the following error: "Cannot truncate table 'db.dbo.tbl_a' because it is being referenced by a FOREIGN KEY constraint.". Possible failure reasons: Problems with the query, "ResultSet" property not set correctly, parameters not set correctly, or connection not established correctly.

-- Francisco

• you are getting this error because the table is being reference by another table by foreign key. first truncate the dependent table and then truncate this table. this should solve this error.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply