How to configure replication subscription from secondary server, after failover from primary server?

• Question: Transactional replication on Mirroring database, configure subscription after failover

I have two SQL servers (Server-A) and (Server-B), primary and secondary. I have configured Transactional replication on Server (Server-C) from
    \Server (Server-A), Everything is working fine. When I failover the mirroring and Server-B become Primary Server and Server-A become secondary Server. I can see the publication list is present on Server-B (which is moved from Server-A) but incase I have to create and configure another subscription from existing publication, I can't do this and the publication wizard does not allow me to choose the publication, here I am on Server-B (which is now become primary after running failover from original primary server A)
    The wizard says:
    "You must select a Publisher and publication to continue the wizard"

Again when I failover to Primary Server (Server-A) only in that case I can make more subscription using the publication that I configured from same (initial/oroginal primary) server.

Incase of failover, if SQL Server can switch publications from primary to secondary server, it should also be capable to do further subscriptions, etc and could act similarly as Primary server. Is this a know problem and default behavior or there is something we can do which I have missed in my configuration design?

Shamshad Ali Khatri.

• Have you set the publisher failover partner and all the other settings to make replication work with mirroring?

The Replication&DBM doc is a great read for this sort of setup

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/database-engine/database-mirroring/database-mirroring-and-replication-sql-server

http://download.microsoft.com/download/d/9/4/d948f981-926e-40fa-a026-5bfcf076d9b9/ReplicationAndDBM.docx

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply