How do I use DTS to convert a Gupta SQLBase database to SQL Server 2000?

• Has anyone gone through the step by step process to do this. I have installed the Gupta SQLBase 9.0.1 Driver pack into SQL Server. Help ! What next ?

• Make sure you reboot after the drivers have been installed. Next make a DSN to the SQLBase database engine. The information you need to enter is quite straight forward but keep in mind that you need to enter a UNC path to the sql.ini file of the machine where the database engine is installed at.

Next, within a DTS you should be able to import data by choosing a Gupta DSN or Gupta OLE DB Provider and voila!

It doesn't look that dificult at all but it still took me two days to get it working.

Now that I know a little SQLBase, I have to say it's a quite interesting product. I think I might fiddle with it for a while.

• I had a lot of data conversion to do, so I wrote a VB program to move the data. Gupta uses a standard ODBC driver, so it's accessible with any Windows software environment. I don't see any reason that you'd have any trouble using DTS if you're just moving data.

So long, and thanks for all the fish,

Russell Shilling, MCDBA, MCSA 2K3, MCSE 2K3

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply