How do I stop being prompted for login in SSMS

• I mean, really, I sign in the first time I open the application. Why must I sign in every time I open a new query? Surely there is a way around this and I have just been unable to find it.

I am almost certain I have seen demonstrations at Tech Ed where the guys doing the demos didn't have to sign in each time. What am I missing?

TIA

Regards,

Steve

Life without beer is no life at all

All beer is good, some beers are just better than others

• I can't replicate the behavior. I tried using trusted connections & sql connections and unchecking the "remember password" on the connection window. Once I'm connected to a server, every time I ask for a new query window, I get one.

The only exception is when I disconnect all my servers in the Object Explorer window and then ask for a query window. It asks me to login. Once I'm connected there though, I can create multiple windows with impunity...

I'm curious what the answer is now too.

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Author of:
    SQL Server Execution Plans
    SQL Server Query Performance Tuning

• It is very weird that you are prompted to login on everytime you want to open a new query. Does your Database Connection session stay alive. I mean are you able to navigate through the databases in your object browser?

Prasad Bhogadi
    www.inforaise.com

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply