How do I recover data from SQL Server log files 2005

• jsut now i detect that there is no file with me to do essential recovery except the log file PLZ can any one till me can i recover from log file

• You'll need a log parsing program for that. Something like RedGate's SQL Log Rescue, or ApexSQL Log, or Lumigent's product (don't remember the name at the moment).

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
    Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon

• yes am try to do that by this tools but it fail. do you remember other tool or other way plz

• Can you clarify your problem? Do you have a functioning database but no backups? What is the recovery model of the database?

Greg

• ok my case here am replicate other database in my database and cause overwrite to hole data make big missing and i have not backup before only backup i take before 2 days for many reason now i have log file and old backup and i have to restor my data from it

• If I'm not mistaken, the way to do what you're trying to do, is back up the log file, then restore the old database backup with "norecovery", then restore the log file onto it.

The section in Books Online on "Restore" has detailed instructions.

Try that, see if that does what you need.

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
    Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply