How can I unencrypted a stored procedure

• Just tried Redagte on a 2005 DB and it tells me its encrypted!!?

• Under Options, ensure that "Decrypt Encrypted objects on 2005 and 2008 databases" is checked. Otherwise you will get "-- Text was encrypted" .

• Thanks for your help with this, I'd love to get it working. However I dont see that 'option' 🙁 Only an option to 'add with encryption' I have SQL Compare v6

• Have downloaded v10 now so can see the option. Hoever it now only seems to compare tables and users, no other objects !?!?

• I am using version 8.1 . There is a "Filter Setup" button that has a funnel icon. If you click this, it will show what is AND what is not included in the results pane. Make sure that "Stored Procedure" is checked. This might be why you do not see them.

• Thanks again for your help with this. It seems as I've only got a trial version the button is greyed out. I can't get to it with an old or new project up or even with nothing but the first screen :angry:

• Matt Miller (4) - Friday, May 9, 2008 6:17 PM

Have you tried turning on profiler and running the procedure? Often enough - Profiler will capture the unencrypted version of the procedure. No fuss, no muss.

It is showing as encrypted text when i ran through profiler. so no use.

• karnatibharathkumar - Thursday, December 28, 2017 12:44 AM

Matt Miller (4) - Friday, May 9, 2008 6:17 PM

Have you tried turning on profiler and running the procedure? Often enough - Profiler will capture the unencrypted version of the procedure. No fuss, no muss.

It is showing as encrypted text when i ran through profiler. so no use.

This is a 10 year old topic. You would be better creating a new topic for your own needs (are you, for example really using SQL Server 2000?) and then referencing this topic with what you have tried.

Thom~

Excuse my typos and sometimes awful grammar. My fingers work faster than my brain does.
    Larnu.uk

• You clearly need to unencrypt this as it has not been recorded in any documentation or change process, whatever method you use I recommend documenting and scripting into your change process system when you have resolved the issue.

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply