Hide/Show Databases?

• Hi,

I have for example into a instance database: DATABASE A, DATABASE B, DATABASE C, DATABASE D.

And I have a user with a schema asociated. This user only can manipulate the DATABASE C.

When this user login with his session, the treee into SQL Server shows all the database A,B,C and D.

Of course, the user only can manipulate and access the DATABASE C, else the managment shows an error.

So, can i hide the databases that the users cannot access...????

Thanks....

• I don't think there's an easy way to do this as the user needs to be able to select from sysdatabases to choose master, tempdb, etc. along with their database.

The user doesn't have rights and should learn to pick Database C. If they're picking a or b and complaining, it's a user error.

• The point was made in another recent thread that Management Studio (and Enterprise Manager in SQL 2000) is not a user tool but an administrative tool. If you want to restrict what users see as well as what they can modify, you should use an application that doesn't expose anything but the data the users need.

Greg

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply