Help me asap pleas

• i'm new in sql server 2005 plz help me i try to sum totalquantities both receiving an Sales and subtract it in totalquantity

plz help me solve this asap

SELECT tblStockMaster.SmName AS StockMaster, SUM(isnull(tblSalesD.TotalQuantity,0)) AS sum1

FROM tblStockMaster LEFT JOIN tblSalesD ON tblSalesD.StockControl=tblStockMaster.SmName GROUP BY tblStockMaster.SmName

left outer join

SELECT tblStockMaster.SmName AS StockMaster, SUM(tblReceivingD.TotalQuantity) AS sum2

FROM tblStockMaster LEFT JOIN tblReceivingD ON tblReceivingD.StockControlR=tblStockMaster.SmName

GROUP BY tblStockMaster.SmName

• Please help us help you by providing ready to use test data, including table def and sample data (especially if your request is "urgent"...). For the best way on how to do it please read and follow the first article referenced in my signature.

Also, please includde your expected result based on those sample as well as what you've tried so far.

Lutz
    A pessimist is an optimist with experience.

How to get fast answers to your question[/url]
    How to post performance related questions[/url]
    Links for Tally Table [/url] , Cross Tabs [/url] and Dynamic Cross Tabs [/url], Delimited Split Function[/url]

• Sorry sir i post it wrong. The zip below show the data and the query,

i try to sum the different table the table recieving and purchase and subtract the quantity!

in one totalquantity im using sql server and connect to vb6

the problem is how can combine them and subtract it ! sorry its my first time in sql server i try to figure it out hope

if i post i wrong pleas correct me again

SELECT tblStockMaster.SmName AS StockMaster, SUM(isnull(tblReceivingD.TotalQuantity,0)) AS sum2

FROM tblStockMaster LEFT JOIN tblReceivingD ON tblReceivingD.StockControlR=tblStockMaster.SmName

GROUP BY tblStockMaster.SmName

and the result is this

Stock Master sum2

ACTIVE MAPE 1 0

DEVELOPMENTAL READING 2 0

EDUCATIONAL TECHNOLOGY 2 0

FACILITATING LEARNING 2 0

GRAMAMAR AND COMPOSITION 396

HUMANITIES AND DIGITAL ARTS 0

INTRODUCTIORY MEDICAL PHYSICS FOR HEALTH 200

PHILLIPINE HISTORY AND GOVERMENT WORKBOOK 6th EDIT0

and for sum1

SELECT tblStockMaster.SmName AS StockMaster, SUM(isnull(tblPurchaseOrderD.TotalQuantity,0)) AS sum1

FROM tblStockMaster LEFT JOIN tblPurchaseOrderD ON tblPurchaseOrderD.StockControl=tblStockMaster.SmName GROUP BY tblStockMaster.SmName

and result is this

StockMaster sum1

ACTIVE MAPE 1 0

DEVELOPMENTAL READING 2 2

EDUCATIONAL TECHNOLOGY 2 3

FACILITATING LEARNING 2 1

GRAMAMAR AND COMPOSITION 3

HUMANITIES AND DIGITAL ARTS 0

INTRODUCTIORY MEDICAL PHYSICS FOR HEALTH 1

PHILLIPINE HISTORY AND GOVERMENT WORKBOOK 6th EDIT0

and all i want the result is like this

StockMaster sum1 sum2 Tqty

ACTIVE MAPE 1 0 0 0

DEVELOPMENTAL READING 2 2 0 -2

EDUCATIONAL TECHNOLOGY 2 3 0 -3

FACILITATING LEARNING 2 1 0 -1

GRAMAMAR AND COMPOSITION 3 396 393

HUMANITIES AND DIGITAL ARTS 0 0 0

INTRODUCTIORY MEDICAL PHYSICS FOR HEALTH 1 200 199

PHILLIPINE HISTORY AND GOVERMENT WORKBOOK 6th EDIT0 0 0

HOPE YOU help me this one if i post it wrong

please correct me sir! thanks for your kind

• Table DDL and sample data in a ready to use format are still missing. Please reread the article I pointed you at.

As a side note: there are seveal people around not not able to unpack a RAR file. Therefore, I recommend to post the related data directly in your reply, wrapped by sql tags.

Lutz

Links for Tally Table [/url] , Cross Tabs [/url] and Dynamic Cross Tabs [/url], Delimited Split Function[/url]

• thank you sir here's my new attachment the whole mdf file

in the stored procedure you can see the ledger can you modife it if you want to! thank you for your reply again sir!

• israel17_popeye (3/6/2011)

thank you sir here's my new attachment the whole mdf file

in the stored procedure you can see the ledger can you modife it if you want to! thank you for your reply again sir!

???

Did you actually take the time to read the article I pointed you at?

I might not have been clear enough where to find it, so please go to this link[/url], read it and provide the data as described.

I also recommend to remove the DB you've attached inyour previous post unless it does not contain any real data. (I didn't bother to look at it though).

Lutz

• Hello,

here we go ,use the below query to get your result .

select a.StockMaster,sum1,sum2,(sum2-sum1) as TQty from

(SELECT tblStockMaster.SmName AS StockMaster, SUM(isnull(tblReceivingD.TotalQuantity,0)) AS sum2

GROUP BY tblStockMaster.SmName) a ,

(SELECT tblStockMaster.SmName AS StockMaster, SUM(isnull(tblPurchaseOrderD.TotalQuantity,0)) AS sum1

FROM tblStockMaster LEFT JOIN tblPurchaseOrderD ON tblPurchaseOrderD.StockControl=tblStockMaster.SmName GROUP BY tblStockMaster.SmName) b

where a.StockMaster =b.StockMaster

Hope this helps you and let me know incase you need more help

• i forgot to mentioned in my previous reply ,please follow the link given by Lutz and please do not share your data like you did.

• ok sir thank you for your reply i think i got it

WITH PO

AS (SELECT SUM(tblPurchaseOrderD.TotalQuantity) AS sum1,

StockControl AS StockName

FROM tblPurchaseOrderD

GROUP BY StockControl),

R

AS (SELECT SUM(tblReceivingD.TotalQuantity) AS sum2,

StockControlR AS StockName

FROM tblReceivingD

GROUP BY StockControlR)

SELECT tblStockMaster.SmName AS StockMaster,

ISNULL(MAX(sum1), 0) AS sum1,

ISNULL(MAX(sum2), 0) As sum2,

ISNULL(MAX(sum2), 0) - ISNULL(MAX(sum1), 0) as tqty

FROM tblStockMaster

LEFT JOIN PO

ON PO.StockName = tblStockMaster.SmName

LEFT JOIN R

ON R.StockName = tblStockMaster.SmName

GROUP BY tblStockMaster.SmName order by SmName

some one told me to use this and i follow thanks for help sorry if i got wrong post i got confuse sorry sir hope u understand me

• The solution you used here is temporary result set,CTE. You could as well have achieved this using a simple query like:

select <your col1>, a.sum as sum1, b.sum as sum2,(a.sum-b.sum) as Totalqty

from (Your query in CTE for sum1)a, (Your query in CTE for sum2)b

where a.YourJoinColumn = b.YourJoinColumn

If you read the replies, the exact answer to your question has also been posted by subbu_e. Just so you know, there are more than on ways to achieve it.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply