Getting Error while deploying a Package with "Execute Package Task", need help.

• Hi,

My Issue:

I have a package which have two For loop containers and one of them calls two Packages on every iteration.

This package is executing very well from BIDS. but while deploying the same I am getting error stating some thing like "Invalid Packages or Package configurations"

sorry I don't have a screen shot of the Job error right now.

but have provided the Package Screen shot how it looks like.

(please find the attachment ErrorProneTasks.jpg)

My Question/Help Request:

someone please tell me how to configure the package so that it can be executed from the Job without any issue.

Note: all our packages or deployed to Integration Server's MSDB database.

(please find the attachment DeploymentMode.jpg)

all your inputs are much more appreciated.

Thanks,

Prabhu

• in the execute package tasks, how are you linking to the packages? I'd hazard a guess that you're pointing to a file system location, which you're able to see from the machine running in BIDS, however once you deploy to the server the path specified isn't valid (from the servers perspective) and that's why you're getting the error?

Either that or you're linking to them in SQL server but authenticating to that SQL server as the user executing the package, again in BIDS the user running the package has permissions to that DB but once deployed, the service account running SSIS service doesn't

Hope this helps 🙂

• Hi Dave,

yes, the point you have explained in the first paragraph is correct. that was my approach. Now I have modified the "Execute Package Task" to call the package from file system where Files will be reliablely kept (along with the SSIS config files), sorry, this mistake was because of I executed the package and the task which calls the other dependent packages within the solution.

I was able to figure out while I tring to get a screen shot of the error message. I copied the existing package (Parent Package alone) and create a separate solution, where I got the "RED Cross" mark which states that invalid reference to the dependent package, as deeped digging. I caught the fish.

Thanks for your kind input.

-Prabhu

• No worries, please could you mark the answer 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply