Getting error message when trying to load XLSM file using SSIS package in SQL Server 2008 environment

• Hi All,

I use an SSIS package to dynamically load data from specific tabs of xlsm files into a database.

The files are all structured identically, occasionally I find inconsistencies in cell formats which may cause issues when loading and usually this is resolved by modifying the cell format.

The SSIS package loads over 250 files successfully but I am now experiencing an issue with one file which will not load in my server environment, however it does load successfully in my test environment.

The error messages I get in the BIDs Development environment on the server environment are

Error: There were errors during task validation.

[SSIS.Pipeline] Error: One or more component failed validation.

[SSIS.Pipeline] Error: component "Excel Source" (1) failed validation and returned error code 0xC020801C.

[Excel Source [1]] Error: SSIS Error Code DTS_E_CANNOTACQUIRECONNECTIONFROMCONNECTIONMANAGER. The AcquireConnection method call to the connection manager "Excel Connection Manager" failed with error code 0xC0202009. There may be error messages posted before this with more information on why the AcquireConnection method call failed.

The test environment is 64 bit Windows 7 Professional with SP1, SQL Server 2008 R2

The server environment is 64 bit Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard, SQL Server 2008 R2

Any enlightenment appreciated,

Thanks

• This issue is occurring because you are having a 64 bit OS and Office Excel (including most of the office products) does not have 64bit provider and hence the error above on Excel connection.

You can solve this issue by setting Run64BitRunTime property as False

Go to properties page for the overall SSIS solution, simply set the Run64BitRunTime = False.

😀

SQL 2000/2005/2008/2012 DBA - MCTS/MCITP

• Hi kenneth.mofokeng,

thanks for your reply.

The run64BitRuntime is set to False.

The issue only arises with this one specific file, the other xlsm files are loading fine using this SSIS package.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply