Fully automated SSAS deployment?

• I'm trying to figure out how to fully script SSAS Tabular model deployment in a Jenkins environment with SSAS 2012 (moving to 2016 in the next 6 months). I build the solution with devenv and store the files from the bin folder. The deploy picks up the stored files and runs deployment.exe. Seems to work as a basic model. The problem is that our BI folks want to be able to specify different connection credentials by environment. The only docs I can find on overriding the connection/impersonation credentials at deploy time specify using the configsettings file. I don't get a configsettings file when I build these solutions. I only get the asdatabase, deploymentoptions and deploymenttargets files. The docs don't talk about the schema of the configsettings files so I don't know how to construct one, if that would even work.

• Will a configsettings file enable me to override connection/impersonation credentials at deploy?
    • Should I be getting a configsettings file out of the build?
    • If not can I construct one from scratch?
    • What's the format/schema of the configsettings file?

TIA

• I do this with an XMLA script to be run at the end of the deployment. I haven't done this the way you're trying to so that may be a better option. The xmla script is pretty easy though and I have one for each environment. If you find a better way, I'd be interested in knowing.

• So far, nothing.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply