Free Level 400 SQL Server Performance Tuning Webcast

• I was asked by Ramesh to pass on this link to my SQL community. It contains more links to some level 400 SQL Server Performance Webcasts.

Ramesh Meyyappan contributed to the SQL Server 2000 database engine development. I have visited one of his SQL Server 2005 Performance Tuning Workshops organized by Microsoft Switzerland and his knowledge of the database engine in 2005 truely impressed me.

Here is the excert from his e-mail he sent to me (unedited):

As one of my past Swiss workshop participant you can download our next webcast now; This level 400 webcast covers optimizing queries to scale across many CPU cores (by addressing inefficiencies in parallel query execution without reducing MAXDOP due to high CXPACKET waits).

Use the link to download Webcast 2: http://webcasts6.sqlworkshops.com/webcasts.asp?linkid=1990441

This is my contribution; I would like to ask a favor in return, please pass on the link to this webcast to your local user community. I am looking for ways to get the link to SQL Server users in Switzerland; your help will be greatly appreciated.

Previous webcast covered optimizing queries to avoid sort spills over tempdb (by addressing memory grant issues). Next webcast will cover optimizing queries to efficiently utilize Disk subsystem (planned release date February 10, 2010). Feedback from a Microsoft Employee on Webcast 1: "Your webcast rocked. Your free webcast was very good and informative".

In case you made a resolution this New Year to gain deep SQL Server knowledge, here is an opportunity knocking at your door, don’t miss it, it is all FREE, it costs you nothing.

These webcasts are equally designed for developers and database administrators. We believe with deep SQL Server knowledge customers can reduce Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) without investing in additional hardware or software, by simply optimizing their existing investment.

Like before, these webcasts are full of real world examples and not a power point slide bullet point based best practice guideline lectures. These webcasts are a result of practical performance tuning for real world customer issues. We are sure you will find them useful in your day to day work.

Please contact me if I have placed the link in the wrong forum.

Enjoy

- hot2use

• I watched these webcasts, they are truly deep stuff. Ramesh's style may be a bit unusual, and the pace is quite high, but examples he provided, and level of detail is impressive. Give it a try, it is worth every minute of your time.

• Very good indeed:cool:

The level is 400 all right. Not for newbies.

A true sceptic - he dispells myths in a convincing way.

(eg: Spreading tempdb in multiple files - a sure winner? think again)

The social commentary in-between is a bonus (and an acquired taste perhaps:hehe:)

Cheers,

JohnA

MCM: SQL2008

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply