Formating Table Field in SSRS with Custom Code

• I have a field called "avgdailytalktime" which is stored in seconds. I need to format this so it is displayed as HH:MM:SS.

Example: AvgDailyTalkTime = 3773, Display as 01:02:53.

Using the SSRS built in formating, (FORMAT: H:mm:ss) does not work. For some reason it displays "H:mm:ss" when I run the report. The code below is what I am using to get to the hr value. Using the example above this would show as 1.02.

=((Fields!AvgDailyTalkTime.Value / 60) / 60)

I am thinking that I need to write custom code inside of SSRS to render this correctly.

How can I display this field as HH:MM:SS in SSRS?

• You are not getting the result you want because the format you are trying to get to is a time format and you are trying to format a numeric to a time format. This is how I'd do it:

=(3773\60*60).ToString("0#") & ":" & ((3773 \ 60) - 60).ToString("0#") & ":" & (3773 mod 60).ToString("0#")

• Thanks Jack.

I am getting an error when I inject that code into the expression.

=(Fields!AvgDailyTalkTime.Value\60*60).ToString("0#") & ":" & ((Fields!AvgDailyTalkTime.Value \ 60) - 60).ToString("0#") & ":" & (Fields!AvgDailyTalkTime.Value mod 60).ToString("0#")

The second "ToString" has the red line under it, indicating a code problem. When I went to run the report I got "Input String was not in correct format."

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply