Five percent rounded down

• Interesting question

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

• Good Question easy One

Thanks

• I think no one could guess correct answer without copying it into sql edit view.

so I can say surely there is 63% cheaters

• jfgoude (1/10/2013)

I think no one could guess correct answer without copying it into sql edit view.

so I can say surely there is 63% cheaters

Even if people were just making random guesses, with 5 possible answers the expected proportion of guessers getting it right would be 20%. If 63% of people were running the code, they would presumably all get it right and so would 20% of the remaining 37%, so about 70% altogether would have it right. If every person who got it right so far "cheated" we can reasonably estimate that the chance of only 63% getting it right as a very close approximation to zero - the probability of 566 people guessing at random all getting it wrong is a little less than

1 in 7,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

and if people can't possibly have any useful knowledge that enables them to answer the question, which is what you are clearly claiming, they can only have been picking answers at random or "cheating", so that's the probability of your statements being correct.

Since you are asserting that such a small chance is what actually happened, I have to assume either that you are so utterly mathematically illeterate that you were unable to estimate that probability or that you are so inclined to ignore the odds that will readily believe in my possession of a nice bridge that I could sell to you at a reasonable price.

Tom

• L' Eomot Inversé (1/11/2013)

Even if people were just making random guesses

The first two answers (100, 105, 105 and 105, 105, 105) cannot be considered as random guesses. So the further calculations had little sense.

• vk-kirov (1/11/2013)

L' Eomot Inversé (1/11/2013)

Even if people were just making random guesses

The first two answers (100, 105, 105 and 105, 105, 105) cannot be considered as random guesses. So the further calculations had little sense.

What, you are given a list of 5 answers and can't select one a random because its internal structure doesn't appear to be random :w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t:? What world are you living in?

Tom

• nice question ...

Manik
    You cannot get to the top by sitting on your bottom.

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply