Fine Products for the Modern Drudge

• Comments posted to this topic are about the item Fine Products for the Modern Drudge

• What? No products to aid presenteeism!!!

The ultimate forward looking Silconite will be using the products from the article and combining them with presenteeism products to maintain a 23 hour working day at each of multiple startups.

Gaz

-- Stop your grinnin' and drop your linen...they're everywhere!!!

• Is there an alternate day for April Fools?

• I recently went back to a company known for work/life balance because my enthusiastic attempt at living the Silicone dream burned me out in about 6 months. I've finally accepted the fact that no-one over the age of 30 can work 80+ hours every week without the assistance of Adderall or devine intervention.

Aigle de Guerre!

• Meow Now (10/13/2014)

I recently went back to a company known for work/life balance because my enthusiastic attempt at living the Silicone dream burned me out in about 6 months. I've finally accepted the fact that no-one over the age of 30 can work 80+ hours every week without the assistance of Adderall or devine intervention.

...and NO ONE is productive doing more than 40 hours per week long term. There are so many studies that show this that I find it astounding that such workathons exist. I remember doing crazy hour stints in my youth only to discover after a decent amounts sleep (or sometimes just some sleep) that what I was thinking didn't make sense, wasn't the optimum solution and was often flawed.

Gaz

• Gary,

Can you point me to your favorite study about the 40 hour work week?

• Gary Varga (10/13/2014)I remember doing crazy hour stints in my youth only to discover after a decent amounts sleep (or sometimes just some sleep) that what I was thinking didn't make sense, wasn't the optimum solution and was often flawed.

Yeah, I'm not sure I would recommend anyone purchase the products we were delivering in that sweatshop I was in. Requirements? Design? What's that?

Aigle de Guerre!

• Robert.Sterbal (10/13/2014)

Gary,

Can you point me to your favorite study about the 40 hour work week?

Sure, there is an early academic paper here and a website written by Stanford students here[/url].

If this doesn't satisfy your interest then head on to your favourite search engine and search for "productivity more hours" or some such phrase.

Gaz

• neither article makes your point really well.

I'd be happy with a 30 hour work week.

Thanks for letting us know where you would go to make you argument.

• My last company I worked for (large financial services company) started out okay, but a new CEO made it hell for certain departments. I don't think any DBA is left of those who were there 15 years ago. The employee attitude surveys (before they were eliminated) were thoroughly negative on upper management causing high stress. What was their answer? Blame it on the lower managment. That ought to encourage people to move into management!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply