File Watcher Task in SQL Server 2017

• Does anyone know whether there are any plans to release a 2017 version of the Konesans File Watcher task?

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• I honestly don't know but I created my own one using .net and created a windows service from this.  If you want the code then please let me know.

Gordon Barclay

• Gordon Barclay - Wednesday, April 4, 2018 8:20 AM

I honestly don't know but I created my own one using .net and created a windows service from this.  If you want the code then please let me know.

Thanks for the response and kind offer! I could not afford to wait, so I have also created my own .NET version, but within an SSIS Script Task.
    Your architecture is more elegant, but since none of our existing code includes custom services, we decided not to go down that path ... yet.

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply