Fatal Error ,Database Mail TimeOut

• Dear Experts,

We are receiving lot of below errors and I thought the same is because of PROCEDURE sp_readrequest, wait type is BROKER_RECEIVE_WAITFOR and Program_Name is Database Mail . Reduced the Database Mail Executable Minimum Lifetime (seconds) value from 600 to 200 but still receiving the errors, the strange part is that the Duration is showing more than 200Seconds .

Is there any other change to make?

msdb.dbo.sp_readrequest;1

DESCRIPTION:   A fatal error occurred while reading the input stream from the network. The session will be terminated (input error: 0, output error: 0).

• Sp_readrequest runs constantly, so it will show as a long running query - my vague understanding is that it uses the service broker to wait for a mail and then send it on

I'm not sure, but your issue is not sql configuration, but it's the network.

MVDBA

• Thanks Mike.

Checked with Network team and they are not able to find anything.

From my investigation its pointing to database mail and service broker.  The error is thrown when the database mail wait for long time .

Reducing  the wait time of database mail is helping but not eliminating the message totally. Is there any negative impact if reduce the Database Mail Executable Minimum Lifetime?

• This reply was modified 4 years, 5 months ago by  VastSQL.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply