FailOver Happened

• Hi,

in my environment always on is there. Today I observed that primary server fail over to secondary server .now the secondary server acting as primary role.

can I know when is fail over is happened and who did the fail over.

is there any script to find this

• are you using alwayson availability groups or failover cluster instances or even both?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ya can't make an omelette without breaking just a few eggs" 😉

• yaa I am using both

• To find out when, check the Event Viewer logs. That may or may not tell you who did it. And it might not have been a person, but an event in the server.

There is a way to send out notifications when this happens, but I don't know how our corporate IT set that up. I just know it works and we get notified. Sorry I can't be more help.

Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

• Arjun SreeVastsva (7/21/2015)

yaa I am using both

Have you checked the logs???

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ya can't make an omelette without breaking just a few eggs" 😉

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply