Extended stored procedure calling dll

• I've got a stored procedure built, and I can successfully run it. I want to call a method in a different dll. (Specifically, ucol_open from IBM's ICU:)

myCollator = ucol_open(locale, status);

How do I do this? I understand SQL, but C is a different critter.

Steve

Steve Miller

• I am confused, can you explain what you are trying to do. Seems like you want to call a DLL as an extended stored procedure? If so then you have to create a wrapper object that conforms to the XP format of DLL that calls the other DLLs methods and functions for you unless the IBM DLL is built as an XP compatible object.

"Don't roll your eyes at me. I will tape them in place." (Teacher on Boston Public)

• I can see how you might have been confused. I meant to say, "I have an extended stored procedure built". As you probably know, an extended stored procedure is nothing more than a C or C++ project built as a dll.

IBM's ICU is open source code for internationalization. If you follow the build directions properly, you will get a set of dlls produced out of the source code.

I'm trying to get the dll that works as an extended stored procedure to call some methods in the dlls built from ICU.

I found a person here within the organization yesterday who has built dlls. We got quite a lot done. Turns out the question is probably better posed to the ICU mailing list. If anyone's interested, I may post a follow-up reply.

Steve

Steve Miller

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply